Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Kat Von D | Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita

Have you ever bought a cult product and right off the bat you instinctively know that you are going to be that one in a million that is going to hate it. Before you have even had a chance to try it you have already crucified it in your head for spending so much on it but you must know what all the fuss is about and that FOMO is eating you up inside. Then you take it out the packaging and rather unimpressively try it so that you can put reason to your hating. And from the second it touches your lips you hear angels singing and you get it you really really get it. And now your sitting there wondering why you held out for so long and now it's to late to get a back up because they are all sold out again for the twentieth time and now you hate it even more for making you love it so much. No? Is that just me? Well then...


After doing some research I believe the one I currently have is the third formulation. If you are not aware of the whole drama around the Lolita formulations and how they are ever changing ill fill you in. Depending on when you purchased yours you might have either gotten the first batch which was the original and a lighter more chest nut version. The second batch which I believe was dubbed the bad batch which was a much darker dusty rose which quite honestly in my opinion looked like the most gorgeous colour ever and I wish mine was that shade. And then the current batch which is a little darker than the first but lighter than the second, more of a medium to dark dusty rose. Kat has announced though that they will be bringing back the original as Lolita two. 


Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita $20,00 is described as a chestnut rose. It is a medium to dark dusty rose with medium to warm undertones and a flat matte finish. It has full opaque colour coverage and the intensity of the colour can easily be built up in layers. The application is very smooth and creamy and it sets to a flat matte and completely dry around two minutes after application. It has a really lightweight comfortable texture that doesn't settle into the lines once dry. It also doesn't crack when you smile or look and feel overly drying. I have only ever worn it for around 4 hours max and then I remove and reapply, I find it more comfortable than reapplying over the current/older layer and this way it stays comfortable through out and doesn't turn out to drying on the lips. The best application is also to add a thin layer of lip balm underneath so that it stays moisturized through out.


The everlasting liquid lipstick is a full coverage long wearing liquid lipstick with a smooth flat matte finish. I've only tried a hand full of liquid lipsticks and the Kat Von D formula is my favorite, it is the creamiest, applies the smoothest and is the most comfortable wear through out. I have only ever tried Lolita so I cannot speak for the other shades though. Their wearing time is said to be anywhere from 6 to 10 hours depending on what you have to eat or drink but like I said I prefer to cut it off at 3 to 4 hours so I have not really gotten to the point where it is overly drying on the lips. 


The formulation is really thin and creamy but not overly watery and the doe foot applicator makes it really easy and comfortable for precise application. I've heard allot of people complain about the packaging and that it looks cheap but I have to say that I love the detail and the feel of it and I don't quite get it. The only complaint that I have is that I would rather prefer the tube being shorter and fatter because the applicator is quite long (I understand this is to reach the product at the bottom of the tube) it sometimes makes it a bit uncomfortable to apply, I can only imagine that if it was shorter it would feel more comfortable in your hand making application easier. 


What version of Lolita did you pick up do you like me think the second batch is a pretty unique shade all on its own and that it should stay around let me know in the comments section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)